I Want To
RSSPrintEmailMobile View

Go To Search
Click to Home

Adult Protective Services (APS)

Elder and Disabled Adult Protective Services

Each county has an APS agency to help elder adults (65 years and older) and dependent adults (18-64 who are disabled), when these adults are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation.

County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes and hotels or hospitals and health clinics when the abuser is not at staff member. (The Licensing & Certification program of the California Department of Health Services handles cases of abuse by a member of a hospital or health clinic.) County APS staff evaluates abuse cases and arranges for services such as advocacy, counseling, money management, out-of-home placement, or conservatorship.
APS staff also provides information and referral to other agencies and educates the public about reporting requirements and responsibilities under the Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting laws.

Approximately 110,000 reports of adult abuse were received statewide during fiscal year 2006-07.

For Whom
Services are available to any person, regardless of income.

Where To Get Help
If you want to report elder abuse, contact Sierra County Social Services or abuse reports may also be made to your local law enforcement agency.

The following form is to assist you in filing your report of suspected dependent adult or elder abuse.

Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse  Translation: Spanish version

Contact Us
Vickie Clark
Social Services & Public Health

Janice Konno
Social Worker Supervisor


202 Front St.
P.O. Box 1019
Loyalton, CA  96118
Ph: 530-993-6700
Fax: 530-993-6767

22 Maiden Lane
P.O. Box 38
Downieville CA 95936
Ph: 530-289-3711
Fax: 530-289-3716

24 hour Emergency Contact:

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Noon - 1 p.m.