Planning Applications Forms & Process
Each entitlement application submitted to our office is required to have the following forms and information included in the packet before it will be deemed complete by the Planning Department.
- Application form - complete with signatures
- Signed Agreement for Indemnification and Reimbursement for Extraordinary Costs
- Non-refundable application review fee of $100.00
- Any additional information that is requested within the application form, (example: plot plan, detailed project descriptions, and location). Please see the application form, below, for a complete list of required documents.
Once an application has been accepted, planning staff will conduct a preliminary review of the submission. Within 30 days a letter will be sent to the applicant, notifying whether the submission is complete or incomplete, and requesting a deposit for the estimated application processing fees and detailing additional information if necessary. Processing begins once the application is deemed complete and the fees are collected.
The project is then routed to various County, State and Federal agencies for their comments on the project. Routing takes approximately 3 weeks. At the close of this routing period, the Planning Director will make a determination whether further environmental processing is required or not under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and notify the applicant if additional deposits are necessary to begin this analysis. After completing its analysis, planning staff will write a report and recommendation. This presentation is presented at a public hearing before the Planning Commission. The public hearing must be noticed for a minimum of 10 days by newspaper publication, mailings, and public postings. This process allows for public commenting regarding the project.
The staff recommendation is presented in a public hearing before the Planning Commission which will make a for determination to approve or deny the application. The Planning Commission may approve, approve subject conditions, or deny the application. Any decision by the Planning Commission may be appealed to the Board of Supervisors. Processing time and fees differ based on the type of application. For more information, please contact us.
The Planning Department encourages potential applicants to schedule a pre-application consultation. Potential applicants are able to meet with staff to review the application process; ask questions about the entitlement application process, land use designations, and permit history; and other considerations. Please be advised that pre-application consultations have a fee of $65/hour. To schedule a meeting, please contact the Planning Department at (530)-289-3251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select the appropriate application form for your project:
- Certificate of Compliance
- Conditional Use Permit
- Cottage Food Operations Permit Application
- General Plan Amendment
- Indemnification Agreement_3-2023
- Lot / Boundary Line Adjustment
- Parcel Merger
- Preliminary Environmental Questionnaire
- Site Plan Review
- Special Use Permit Application _Trailer
- STR Permit Application_2023-09
- Tentative Parcel Map
- Zone Amendment
- Zone Variance